Tuesday, August 2, 2016

and the Tube Bead Evolved Into.......Fish!

Today is Tuesday which means studio play day for me - woohoo!!!  I had no idea what I was going to do today (which is normal for a Tuesday) so I started with the last thing I was playing with - tube beads.  I had an idea floating around that I wanted to create fish so wondered how I could convert a tube bead into a fish.  I played with a couple of different concepts and then came up with an articulated fish which was good but didn't really excite me.  Rather than have the 3 fish components moveable I decided to join them all together and created some fish pendants.  

3 fish pendants


Still not happy with this look and to be honest... they didn't really "give me goosebumps" so I decided to just add one section of a veneer to a fish body to see if I liked this look.  Not bad but still didn't knock my socks off!  

Poor fishy...looks like his head has been chopped off...it's actually his mouth!!


I liked the "glossy" section of the fish so decided to concentrate on a fish with a black head and tail and "painted" body.  Now this was getting warm...I liked this look

.

I think the top fish here is my favourite both for shape and surface design.

Okay what if I changed the black head and tail and simply painted the entire fish?  I tried it and I liked it.  Not overly happy with the shape but definately worth exploring more.  

Oh this poor guy also got his head chopped off!!  I do love his fishy skin though.

These guys glisten beautifully in the sunshine, sparkle fish!  Hmm unfortunately the top guys has lost his head too.

This time I decided to create the fish in a rather crude shape and textured..hmmmm now this sounded exciting to me!

Hmmmm now these are yummy...I especially love the lace fish and dotty fish.

5 Funky Fish.

Now these fish excited me....oh yeah!!!  They ended up being my favourite fish and I will definately be exploring this concept more.  

Just wanted to show you a yummy close up of delicious opal mylar.

and more opal mylar, just a different colour.

Tube bead fish with unique surface design.

I sure hope you like my fish. 
***************************************************





 

No comments:

Post a Comment