Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Luscious Debbie Sanders Inspired Beads

You know I totally blame Sage Bray for my current obsession with creating faux "Debbie Sanders glass beads"!!!

Sage featured Deb's glass beads the other day on The Polymer Arts Daily Blog and, as I've been in love with these beads for a such long time, I thought I should probably give them a go....but with polymer clay.

This was my first attempt


which I must admit I was pretty happy with...but I knew I could do better.  So out came all the products that I thought I could use to help get the particular look I was after.

This is what "tickled my fancy" the most:


yes, that's right....it's Friendly Plastic.  I've had a love of this product for a long time and have pulled it out every now and then to team it with polymer clay.  Nothing ever seemed to work so I would pack it away again ready for the next time I got inspired.  Well today was the day.  I simply loved how it turned out on the edges of these beads.  It was a little tricky to get it to work but after many failed attempts I was really happy with how these turned out.





Thanks so much to Debbie for creating such awesome glass beads and thanks to Sage for the "prompt".

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I just read about you in my Polymer Arts newsletter this morning so thought I would take a look for myself so here I am! Your beads are amazing I am not entirely sure what Friendly Plastic is as I never heard of it before but it seems to have created the look you were after this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hi, great to hear from you BluMoon. So glad you like the beads - they turned out pretty good for a first go and yes, was very happy with the friendly plastic. Have a google and you'll find it easy. It's pretty simple to work with and married beautifully with polymer clay. Lots more to play with though. Thanks so much for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love these faux glass beads. Hope there is a tute in the near future. Thanks for experimenting and passing on the wonderful results to us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pat, so lovely to hear from you and so glad to hear you like these beads. Yes, am in the process of doing lots more experimenting to iron out all the kinks but am getting there and quite happy with the results. The friendly plastic was fun to work with.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks so much Cara Jane, really glad you like them. xx

      Delete