Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Story of Blue Fish - Part 1 - Blue Fish is Born

I've wanted to have a go at a bit of polymer clay sculpture for a while now so decided it was finally time!!!!

Hmmm so now that decision was made, what on earth do I do now!  I'm not sure where the idea of "fish" came from but I was happy with that and I knew a basic fish shape so figured it was as good a place as any to start.

and so "Blue Fish" was born.  He was made by creating a paper towel, aluminium foil and wire armature which was covered with scrap clay then white clay.  I baked him and then coloured with oil paint to finish (this was applied then rubbed back).  My friend Rachel told me he looked kinda sad and I figured, well it is getting close to Valentine's Day and he's single....so no wonder!!!





Stay tuned for Part 2 of the story of Blue Fish.

***************************
  

1 comment: