Monday, November 3, 2014

Scrappy Spiral Cane End Beads Tutorial

That's a pretty long name for this tutorial but it sums it up perfectly.  I showed you how I make those scrappy spiral beads.  Well those ends you cut off can be turned into some very awesome beads.  Here's how I do it - I'm sure there are others out there but this is my way.

Cut a circle of clay for your base bead and have your scrappy spiral end on hand.

Create a ball of clay from your solid colour and flatten your "end" by pinching it with your fingers.

Position the end ontop of your ball of clay.

Press it down so it covers the clay.

Roll in the palms of your hand to smooth.

Flatten it slightly so it's a coin shape.

Pierce with a skewer and bake.

There you have it - some very awesome scrappy spiral cane end beads.  Woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment